Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 review and 2014 goals

2013 was a full year of running, races and PR's.  

January had no events, but was full of marathon training.

February I ran the Myrtle Beach half marathon.  PR 1:43:29.  

March I ran Tobacco Road Marathon in Apex.  Was supposed to be a Boston Qualifier, but that didn't happen...  3:59 - still, a PR.

April I ran a 5K in Cary NC.   22:14.  PR, well, I ran a 20:32 back in 1990, not sure if that will happen again so yes, 22:14 is a PR for this part of my life. :)

May held the New River Marathon.  Tough course with a finish in the cold rain but managed a 3:54 - PR! 

June held 2 events - first was the Sunburst Marathon - yes, another BQ attempt but fell short at 3:49.  BUT another PR.  See a trend?  getting faster!

The following week I ran the Boogie Marathon then stayed up all night volunteering for the 50 mile folks.  Fun event!!

July held 2 events as well - Grandfather Mountain Marathon which I had a real hard time with.  Great event but an off day...

July 20 was a once in a lifetime event.  I ran the Epic Mountain Relay from Canyon City to Crested Butte.  I was on an ultra team of 6 women.  191 miles.  What an amazing experience with a great group of badass women.  

Not a lot going on in August, but in September I ran Hinson Lake and logged 102.89 miles in 24 hours - a huge PR for me.  My 10 year old son ran 50 miles and my 13 year old daughter ran a 50K.  Proud of them both!

October I was recovering from Hinson but in November I ran the OBX marathon.  Sub 4 with little training.  

November I headed up north to VA for the Crooked Road 24 hour.  Managed to log 91 miles in some tough conditions.  

December held one FA - 50K at Raven Rock State Park.  Fun group of folks on a tough, beautiful trail.  

So what does 2014 hold?  Not quite sure but here are a few ideas going through my mind.  First and foremost is to qualify for Boston at the Myrtle Beach Marathon in  February.  If I can get that 'out of the way' then I will shift my focus to 50 and 100 milers.  Several *possible* races on the radar are Croatan 24, Hinson 24, CR24, Promised Land, Pinhoti 100, Pine Creek 100, 3 days at the fair....  others?  Maybe New River again, Maybe Grandfather Mountain... an MTC shirt run or 2, Boogie, and some FA's and NCRC events.  Lookin to have some fun logging miles, chillin with runnin peeps, and making new friends.

I am thankful for the health and strength that I had in 2013 - looking forward to whatever 2014 holds.  Still "runnin down the dream" of Boston.  Hopefully 2014 will be that year.

*cheers*

2 comments:

  1. You ROCK Amy! I'm amazed at the mileage your kids ran ������

    ReplyDelete